ATTENTION PHILADELPHIA 10th and 11th GRADERS:
• Is violence a problem in your community? Do you want to learn more about the causes, effects and possible solutions?
• Do you want to spend time working with like-minded, motivated students from across the City?
• Are you interested in science, health, and technology fields like forensics, medicine, and physical therapy?
If you answered YES to these questions, The College of Physicians of Philadelphia’s 2016 TEVA Pharmaceuticals Internship could be for you!
We are recruiting and selecting 16 Philadelphia high school students to be TEVA Interns. These interns will explore the impact of violence on themselves and their communities while building skills and improving their understanding of science and technology.
Our program will focus on the following areas:
• Learning and applying forensic techniques such as crime scene investigation, fingerprinting, and ballistics.
• Understanding the health system’s response to individuals with traumatic gunshot wounds, including emergency room procedures, rehabilitation, and physical therapy
• Understanding the body’s physiological response to stress and stress relief techniques
• Learning to talk, heal, and build community with your peers
Students will work closely with College staff, the collections of the College’s Mütter Museum, and experts from a variety of fields and institutions.
To apply for the Program, download an application HERE. All applicants must secure a letter of recommendation from an academic, volunteer, or community adviser, permission from their parent/guardian, and complete an essay. Applications must be postmarked by MAY 2, 2016!