We absolutely love it when we get a chance to introduce our students to young professionals and graduate students. The connection is immediate. Our students see their future selves in the professionals and the professionals see their past selves seated before them. It’s a joy to watch. To hear the questions, to see the smiles and enthusiasm on both sides. This Saturday’s healthcare professions panel at the College was a perfect example. Our speakers were diverse, down-to-earth, generous, willing to share, and beyond fabulous. Our students were attentive, inquisitive, hopeful, interested, and excited. It was a great way to spend an afternoon. Much thanks to all our panelists:
- Susanne Johnson BSN, RN, Penn Medicine
- La’Toya Latney, Penn School of Veterinary Medicine
- Daritza Ballester, Second-year Doctor of Physical Therapy student at Drexel University
- Quincy Greene, Phlebotomist at Penn Medicine
- Mark Guevera, Second-year Penn Dental student
- Chris DeFrancesco, Second-year Penn Medical student
Much thanks to our students, as well. Representatives from all three cohorts of our Karabots Junior Fellows attended, as well as students from our new Out4STEM program. You made us proud!